Post holidays might seem like the perfect hideaway time to curl up and hibernate. But in the landscaping world, winter means spring is fast approaching. The earlier you start planning your spring landscape, the sooner spring will arrive in its full glory outside your door. And that is not it! When spring arrives, you will be ready to relax and enjoy your outdoor space rather than sweating while working on it.
Here is everything you need to know about planning spring landscape now in Alexandria, Virginia!
Top Reasons Winter is a Great Time for Spring Landscaping
The winter dormancy is the most suitable time of the year to plan and optimize your landscaping design for spring and summer. From pruning and mowing to outdoor lighting and hardscaping, there is no time like the present for you to get started on your spring landscape.
The top reasons to plan spring landscape now:
- You can take all the time you need to browse through different designs and choose the best one outdoor landscape for your lifestyle and budget.
- Winter planning allows the landscapers ample time to get the project designed and completed in early spring. This means you get to lounge and/or entertain outside while soaking up the sun on the first warm day.
- With the leaves out of your way, it gives a blank slate to design your spring landscape.
- Permits and approvals for county and city often take some time to process. If you start early, you can avoid the spring frenzy.
- Since most plants are in winter dormancy, you can easily relocate them according to your spring landscape design.
Important Questions to Ask for Spring Landscape Preparation
One of the first steps to get a thriving, lush spring landscape is to know full well what to do. Below are a few questions that can give you a head start in your landscape designing:
- When is the right time to start planting?
- What do I do with my existing shrubs and bushes?
- What landscape design makes the most sense for my outdoor space?
- How do I want to interact with my outdoor space?
- How does my drainage affect my landscape?
- How much should I budget?
- How do I transform an unusable space into an entertainment area?
- Does my garden need special treatment like a fertilizer or other amendments?
- What plants will create the right atmosphere?
- What type of landscape lighting should I use?
- Do I need a master plan?
- Do I need to hire a professional landscaper?
Thorough planning for your spring landscape is the key to achieving your dream design. If you have not started working on your spring landscape yet, now is the time to get your plans mapped out. If you are in Alexandria, Virginia, hire a professional landscape design/build company like Campbell & Ferrara to plan the outdoor living space of your dreams. Let our experienced designers take out the legwork from your landscape project while you enjoy the spring, blossom by blossom!