There is nothing more satisfying than enjoying your beautifully designed outdoor space and knowing that you’re saving money while doing so. Replacing your existing outdoor bulbs with an energy efficient LED lighting system will not only illuminate your outdoor space like you’ve never seen it before, but it will also turn your outdoor escape into an energy saving oasis.
What are LED Lights?
LED lights differ from traditional lights in the way they produce light. LED’s use a semi-conductor that emits light energy when an electrical current passes through it, while traditional lighting, such as incandescent light bulbs, use a filament to pass energy. These two lighting sources also differ in how they affect energy costs. Energy saver bulbs pass energy through mercury vapor to generate light, which is then absorbed by a phosphor coating the inner part of the lamp, causing a glow, and creates more energy savings as compared to other lighting sources.
Why LED Lighting?
The main benefit of LED lighting is the energy savings they offer. They use 90% less energy than most traditional lighting sources and usually pay for themselves in just a few months. The most common type of energy-savings lighting is Compact Fluorescent lamps, which on average use about 60% to 80% less than incandescent lighting sources.
Other benefits of LED lighting include:
- LEDs are long lasting, in fact they can last up to 25 years or more depending on which type you purchase as well as how you use it.
- LEDs provide instant light, meaning as soon as you flick the switch, they provide instant bright light as opposed to other energy-saving lighting sources which may appear dim at first.
- LEDs have been shown to work fine in low temperatures, whereas CFLs don’t.
- LEDs emit light in a specific direction which make them more efficient for many uses.
- LEDs emit a smaller amount of heat as compared to CFL’s and incandescent lighting sources.
- Outdoor LED lighting delivers bright, uniform light while greatly lowering energy consumption and maintenance costs.
- And more
Types of Outdoor LED Lighting Systems
Another fascinating component of LED lights is that they are available in a variety of styles to suit just about any taste and decor.
Some outdoor LED lighting options include:
- Cove lighting-are hidden strips of LED bulbs that are generally used to highlight outdoor architectural features, landscaping, fountains, swimming pools, outdoor walkways and more.
- Flood lights-offer security and safety because they cast a wide ray of light across a large area, which is just perfect for nighttime relaxing and fun.
- Lanterns and torches-add a wow element to your yard, which is just perfect for romantic nights and festive entertainment.
- Deck and step lights-that are covered at the top spreads light evenly across the ground which provides the perfect ambiance for driveways, walkways, sidewalks and pool edges.
- And more
If you are ready to experience your outdoor space as well as energy savings like you’ve never experienced them before, contact your local landscaping company for more information on outdoor lighting systems today.