Vacations are wonderful but can be expensive and stressful. An alternative to leaving home for your vacation is to invest in your property and lifestyle by taking a “staycation” at your own personal retreat.
A well-designed and planned outdoor living space will increase your property’s value and provide you with the opportunity to relax, enjoy and entertain on your own timeline in your clean, safe, healthy space without spending time in security checkpoints or driving and sitting in traffic. If you choose to take a staycation, make a commitment to yourself to unwind and unplug; turn off those electronic devices and tune in to your environment, family, and friends.
Consider the options when creating and planning your home retreat:
- What do you and your family/friends enjoy doing?
- Do you like to cook and eat outside? Consider an outdoor kitchen or built-in BBQ on your patio.
- Need to relax and unwind? A built-in fireplace on your patio will create a peaceful setting for all to enjoy year ‘round.
- Do you enjoy watching nature live? Grab an up-close seat by creating colorful gardens with native plants that attract butterflies and birds.
- Desire the opportunity to get lost in a good book outside surrounded by the beauty of nature? Add a comfortable sitting area with shade provided by beautiful trees and a covered patio complete with ceiling fans for a breezy cooling effect.
- Enjoy group fun activities? Enjoy hours of entertainment with a bocce ball court or horseshoe pit and install a family garden with edibles.
- Do you want an activity that everyone will enjoy regardless of skill level? Consider a synthetic putting green with a chipping area and sand trap that can also be used for improving your game or building sandcastles.
- Want to improve your physical and emotional health? Dig in the soil, take care of living plants, create specialty gardens, inhale all the scents, and make the time to reflect on all that nature provides and shares. Adding an inviting walkway through your landscape will invite everyone to enter and experience your landscape.