You know the summer trend is to bring the indoors outside, but you want a cohesive hardscape design that connects the various outdoor rooms together.
Can you have a patio that connects with an outdoor kitchen or a water feature? And how can a dry creek bed do more than improve yard drainage?
How Connecting Your Outdoor Spaces Improves Your Property’s Value
When you create outdoor living spaces, you’re not only looking for a room to entertain, but you’re also improving your property’s value. For instance, hiring backyard landscapers to aesthetically create a dry creek bed to relieve yard drainage increases your home’s value.
It solves the water drainage problem and adds a naturally beautiful feature.
If you connect the dry creek bed with a parallel flagstone walkway, you add more value, especially if that new walkway connects to another outdoor living space, such as a sunken patio with seat walls.
What happens if you don’t want a hardscape design to include connections between outdoor rooms? It will feel like your plan isn’t cohesive, and your outdoor spaces will look like entities that don’t work together.
6 Outdoor Living Spaces That Hardscape Contractors Will Build for You
If you search Google with the phrase, “landscape designers near me,” you’ll find landscaping services that will help you design cohesion with your outdoor living spaces.
These patio contractors will ensure that your connected hardscape design will improve your Alexandria, VA, property value and create an elegant backyard space to enjoy with family and friends.
Here are six outdoor living spaces that a landscaping company in Alexandria, VA, will design and build for you:
- Dry Creek Beds: Dry creek beds serve as a functional part of moving water away from your home and aid in water drainage.
Dry creek beds can link different parts of your outdoor living spaces and gardens. For example, your hardscape contractors can create a Japanese-style garden with a footbridge across a dry creek bed, connecting a meditation garden with stone, Japanese red maples, a bench, and wind chimes.
- Outdoor Kitchens: Some homeowners have their outdoor kitchens built on a patio facing away from the home and looking toward other backyard areas.
However, you can connect your outdoor kitchen and patio to steps down to the swimming pool. Alternately, your outdoor kitchen area can be connected to an outdoor dining/living room with seat walls, a dining table, and chairs.
- Outdoor Lighting: Adding outdoor lighting helps you walk in the dark and enjoy your outdoor spaces well into the summer evening. You can add outdoor lighting to steps, allowing your visitors to safely move from one room to another.
Your outdoor kitchen and other outdoor living rooms can have a touch of elegance with outdoor lighting—whether it’s pendant lights, moonscape, silhouette, accent, path, safety/security and/or pond lighting.
- Patios: Did you know that you can have multiple patios for outdoor living spaces? Indeed, your patio builders can design patios that fit any outdoor style you want to have. You can divide a patio with a pergola, steps, and walkways.
Your patio installation can include a backyard pool, an outdoor kitchen, a fire pit with seat walls, and a dining area with an outdoor fireplace. Pavers, flagstones, and other building materials create unique designs for your outdoor rooms.
- Walkways: Where’s this walking path going to take your guests? Walkway contractors create walkways that connect your entire backyard space with the side and front of your home. Add steps to your walkway that lead down to a patio.
- Water Features: If you love the sound and movement of water, you’ll love having a water feature as a focal point for one of your outdoor living spaces.
For example, basalt water features can be tucked into a small garden area off the side of your patio.
On the other hand, use basalt water features as a central focal point with water bubbling up and out. Include outdoor lighting, and you can enjoy your basalt water features at night too.
Why You Need Professional Hardscaping in Alexandria, VA, to Design and Build Multiple Outdoor Living Spaces
Suppose you want to add multiple outdoor living spaces to your Alexandria, VA property this summer. In that case, you need patio builders with the knowledge and professionalism to interconnect your outdoor rooms seamlessly.
You can do a Google search for “patio companies near me” to find Campbell and Ferrara. They’ll create multi-functional outdoor spaces for you.
You can trust Campbell and Ferrara because of their 78 years in business. For example, homeowners in Alexandria have been pleased with the company’s work. Their customer reviews reveal the landscape company’s solid reputation.
One of their customers said, “The patio that Chris and his team installed exceeded our expectations. Chris did an excellent job communicating throughout the process, and the craftsmanship of the installation team was outstanding. It turned out exactly as we hoped.”
If you’re ready to create multiple outdoor living spaces, you need us at Campbell and Ferrara to design and build your next outdoor room. Call us today at 703-705-7892 or fill out our contact form.
Campbell and Ferrara provides landscape design/build services and a retail garden center for homeowners living in Alexandria, Annandale, Arlington, Fairfax, Falls Church, Mount Vernon, and Springfield, Virginia.